Friday, October 19, 2012

My project this weekend!

Source: youtube.com via Trish on Pinterest

I baked 2x10" square cakes. I don't have a rectangular cake pan, so my skull will probably end up shorter than Bronwen Weber's.... we'll see. As always, I forget to take pics. I sandwiched the 2 square cakes with white chocolate buttercream, then cut an outline of the skull as shown by Bronwen in her video. I carved out 2 holes for the eyes and 1 for the nose.

Added eyebrows using some off-cuts.
Added a small piece for the bridge of the nose and made a slit for the mouth.
Rounded off the skull by slicing at a 45-degree angle.
Ice with white chocolate buttercream.
Some smoothing out of the buttercream and into the fridge to let it set overnight. Fondant and airbrushing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers