Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ooh la la!

I made edible toys yesterday. These are cake toppers for a little boy. They're going all the way to France! My fondant sculptures are seeing more of the world than I am... I'm envious. LOL. A friend at work commissioned me to do these for her grandson, Toma's birthday.  Took me all of yesterday to make them. They each started life as a single Kellogg's LCM breakfast bar.

The helicopter is for the birthday boy (see his name on the chopper?), and the pink beetle is for a girl who'll be at the party. I was informed there'll be 4 kids at the birthday bash - 2 boys with blonde wavy hair, a girl with dark curly hair and another boy with dark curly hair; hence, the reason for 4 toys and kids with matching hair.
The blades on the chopper actually spins! Yes, Toma can play with his food! Isn't that every kids' birthday wish?





The trickiest part now is to pack these really well so they survive their trip to France.





1 comment:

  1. Dear Trish,
    Your blog has been conferred the coveted Loyfly Best Blog Award. You are invited to grab your badge .

    Thanks , Have a nice day . Happy blogging

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers