Friday, August 31, 2012

Mudslide

I made a chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache for work morning tea to celebrate the end of 2 excruciating months of monitoring reporting. It's a 6-monthly monitoring report so just as we finished, it's time to start the next.... oh dear! This cake stemmed from my innate Catholic guilt coz everyone in my team worked hard on the report.... everyone, except me... haha. So, to make my team (and mainly myself) feel better about my lack of involvement, I whipped this cake together in record time. Unlike the epic cake, this was put together overnight and as you can see, it's very sloppy work. Actually, it was worse coz I had chocolate ganache everywhere but hubby Greg wouldn't let me take a photo until he cleaned up the mess. 


The farm sinking in the mudslide has special significance for our work team, especially the sliding chooks. In the course of our work, we have to deal with very demanding stakeholders, so the chooks and the farmer and the farmer's wife sorta represent these stakeholders. Hahaha.... great stress reliever, I'd say. It's a stress reliever for me to make them and a stress reliever for my team mates to eat them. This is what we call a win-win situation. The barn and chooks are sculpted from my favourite Kellogg's LCM breakfast bars and covered with fondant - I think it's time Kellogg's contact me for sponsorship (hint, hint!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers