Monday, August 6, 2012

How to run your own sweat shop

It's my day off today so I made another 60 puppies, bringing my weekend total to more than 200 fondant puppies. That has got to be a record! Feels like a sweat shop. So, if you feel like running your own sweat shop and make fondant puppies by the masses, follow my instructions...
To fit out my sweat shop, I invested in a sculpting knife, a ball tool, a carving tool, brush, sugar flower glue, silicon chocolate mould, and of course, fondant.
Oh, and don't forget, some black non-pareils...
Step 1: Start with an upturned silicon chocolate mould. As the mould is floppy, I rest it on a plastic lid.
Step 2: Make a whole bunch of puppy arms (refer to my earlier blog on the basics) and perch them on the mould to shape the arms so that when you place them on your cupcakes, the puppies will look like they're hugging the tops of the cakes. I make 24 at a time because that's how many my silicon mould holds.
Step 2: Make 24 oval shaped heads. I'm making a bunch of St Bernard puppies, so I use Bakels chocolate fondant to get a dark brown colour for the heads.
Step 3: Add a small strip of white fondant on each head.
Step 4: Make 24 pairs of ears using the same chocolate fondant.
Step 5: Attach a white fondant muzzle to each puppy head, like this.
Step 6: Make 2 holes on each head for the eyes.
Step 7: Attach the heads to the arms.
Step 8: Attach the ears.
Step 9: Add noses and eyes (this is where the black non-pareils come in handy).
Step 10: And you've finished 24 St Bernard fondant puppies. Much quicker than making each individually.
Some Bull Terriers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers