Saturday, September 22, 2012

This cake more epic than the last!

If I thought the dolly cake was epic..... all I can say is, "Phew!" I couldn't wait to apply the skills I learned at Jo Binkin's 3D novelty cake class last weekend (thanks Latorta for organising the class), so this is my attempt at a 3D cake.... well, 2 cakes - the piggy is essentially a 3-tier cake carved into shape and the bottle is a small cake on its own, torted and carved into a bottle. 
25 fondant lace butterfly cupcakes to go with the birthday cake.
Dressing Little Miss Piggy. LOL...



Halfway dressing Little Miss Piggy, the TNT truck arrived with my new iPhone 5.... exciting!! Okay, Piggy will just have to wait while I rush off to the Optus shop to get a micro-SIM. The phone is so new that there are no accessories to go with it. Even the new Canberra Apple Store has yet to stock up on screen protectors and covers. Seriously contemplating making a makeshift cover out of bubble wrap, we spotted some screen protectors and phone covers at JB Hifi. Not much of a choice - only sunset yellow...yuck! Oh well, that'll do for now.
Putting off tinkering with my new phone, I finally finished Piggy. Here she is with her sunny daisy overalls and bottle of wine.
Add some butterflies...
All dressed up and off to Sydney she goes.
BTW, this is the cake I learned to make at Jo Binkin's class last weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Holy cow this is awesome... you are going to have your own classes lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... thanks, Helen. You're too kind.

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers