Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh baby!

Two pregnant workmates, both due about the same time. So thought I'd try another topsy turvy, and this one is more topsy than my first attempt with the teapot. First, concept drawing using my iPad Autodesk Sketchbook Pro app. Love the app coz it works in layers. First layer is the base cake which is the toy box and teddy. Second layer the alphabet blocks. This way, if the topsy turvy doesn't work, I don't have to erase everything and start over; I simply erase the second layer and do the blocks again.
Toy box cake is a 6" square orange Madeira sponge, layered and covered with dark chocolate ganache. I cut out fondant rectangles to size and made some wood impressions.
Same thing with alphabet blocks in various colours.

Test out the angles...
Would have loved to add more toys and details but I had 2 novelty cakes to make that weekend, so it was quite a rush job.
Oh well, still got eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers