Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hello Pita and Binboy!

Yes, I think I've gone quite mad. I've assigned names to my sugar puppies! Meet Pita the Purple Pitbull and Binboy the rubbish-loving Bull Terrier. Haha. I made these as showcase pieces to promote cupcakes for the RSPCA Cupcake Day fundraising. Binboy and Pita are strong advocates against BSL (breed specific legislation). Till now, the scariest things they've ever done are raiding the rubbish bin and grocery bag. Watch this space, I think. There'll be more "Adventures of Pita and Binboy."
As always, I get carried away and forget to take any progress pics of Binboy, but here're some pics of Pita. Start with a bar of Kellogg's LCM breakfast bar. Make sure it's the original plain one.
Cut the LCM bar in half and stack them. Roll out some green fondant and wrap the LCM to resemble a green grocery bag. Make it flop and crinkle like fabric to add realism. I also added piping on the sides and attached that little hoop that supermarket checkout chicks use to hang the bag at the checkout. Yes, I'm anal retentive! Various angles of the bag...

 Roll out some brown fondant to cover the exposed LCM.
Add Pita the Pitbull and some carrots.
Add more details - green stems on the carrots.
Add a pineapple coz who goes grocery shopping just to buy a bagful of carrots... hmmm... actually, I DO know someone who once bought 10 kilos of carrots but that's another blog!
Two carrots outside the bag adds to the realism.
Don't forget bag handles!
Here's Pita's buddy, Binboy...

Don't you agree they look good enough NOT to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers